Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Hymn: My Hope is Built

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils his lovely face,
I rest upon unchanging grace;
In ev'ry rough and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, his covenant, his blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

When I shall launch in worlds unseen,
O may I then be found in him;
Dressed in his righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.


Words: Edward Mote, Music: William B. Bradbury

1 comment:

  1. We sang this one at church this morning and I thought about using it as my Sunday hymn, but changed my mind.

    ReplyDelete