Sunday, May 15, 2011

"Hannah's Song"

[This is a song that Hannah's favorite ICU nurse taught her during her last stay in the hospital. That wonderful lady sent us a letter after the funeral to tell us about "Hannah's Song" and the precious times the two of them had together during the last few weeks of Hannah's life. We'll always be grateful for that.]

*******

When I get to heaven gonna walk with Jesus,
when I get to heaven gonna see His face!
When I get to heaven gonna talk with Jesus,
saved by His wonderful grace!

Because I'm saved, saved, wonderfully saved,
saved by the Blood of the Lamb!
Saved, saved, wonderfully saved,
and I'm so glad I am!


Hallelujah!

*******

"I am the resurrection and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live..."


But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death...I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:

    “Death is swallowed up in victory.”


Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

(John 11:25; 1 Cor 15:20-26,50-54; Revelation 21:1-4)

~~~~~~~
Hannah Elizabeth Elliott
July 11, 1989 - May 18, 1994
Isaiah 63:9

23 comments:

  1. She was born just a few months before my youngest son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big hug to you and your wife my dear brother. God bless you as you think about your little Hannah today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter was born on July 21, 1989... thinking of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our prayers are with you today, as you miss your dear Hannah. May God's Grace sustain you all.

    Squirrel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. " I like your pretty hair," and "I like your pretty necklace," and the list continued. That's what Hannah kept saying from the back seat of the car on one of the few occasions I got to see her. What a bright little penny of a child. I would imagine Heaven is a much more lively place with her there. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless you, brother. I'll be praying, and thinking of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A painful anniversary :*( Love & prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What sorrow to lose a dear child! And what joy to know she sang such songs in her life! And what hope we have in Christ to know that she is with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. RK/Jules/Merrilee,

    Thanks so much for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still think about her often. Just this week, I was thinking about my students, "I've had it with them, and they've had it with me." (A memorable Hannah quote.) My life is definitely richer for having known her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lori,

    Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. It's such a blessing to know that others still remember her fondly her all these years later. I especially appreciate you mentioning that quote, because I had forgotten it over time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was not aware of this, David. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know the Lord comforts you with the fact that she is safe in His arms right now. God be with you and yours, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your encouragement, Mary. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She would have been our Andrew's age. That hits close to home. My hearts go out to you and Melissa. I just can't imagine all the ways such a loss affects you over the years. Thanks for sharing, David.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your comments, Patty. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A sad day for you, David. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Marybeth. I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I never had the pleasure to meet Hannah but will one day in heaven. Thanks for keeping her memory alive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  20. So many tears.

    One less year until you and she are together again. And until the day I get to meet her too.

    God be very near you today.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These anniversaries are so hard. Praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete